The Liaison of Independent Filmmakers of Toronto (LIFT), imagineNATIVE Film + Media Arts Festival and Harbour Collective are proud to present “imagineNATIVE x LIFT Originals,” a retrospective of 10 original films produced as part of the LIFT/imagineNATIVE Mentorship program.
Thursday, April 22
2 PM (Toronto) / 1 PM (Winnipeg)
Admission is free
Advance registration is required
Although wildly different in style and approach, the films that have come out of this long running mentorship touch on many of the same themes and visual motifs.
The ten films that make up the retrospective meditate on cultural memory, rebirth, and the mysteries of the natural world. Individually these projects are striking but as a collective they are a testament to the creative strength and diversity at play amongst indigenous filmmakers working today.
The programme Includes:
– Ahoy Métis (2005) by Marnie Parrell
– Eu·tha·na·sia (2008) by Jani Lauzon
– Honey for Sale (2009) by Amanda Strong
– Into Water (2019) by Cole Forrest
– Estuary (2012) by Tyler Hagan
– Menaptwi (2018) by Natasha Naveau
– Soli (2013) by Adrienne Marcus
– Raja A Celebration of Darkness (2015) by Jaene Castrillon
– Raspberry Moon (2019) by Jamie Whitecrow
– In Moment (2017) by Samay Arcentales Cajas
Following the screening Liz Barron of Harbour Collective will moderate a conversation featuring Jaene Castrillon, Jani Lauzon, Tim Myles and Jamie Whitecrow.
This program is made possible by funding to the Harbour Collective from the Canada Council for the Arts.