CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Deadline: Wed Jan 20, 2021 at 11:59 PM (Central)
The mirror is what remains after data memory is lost. The process of remirroring establishes new connections to official and unofficial copies of memories: pure data, photographs, stories handed down, the associations that smells can sometimes awaken.
With the Re/Mirror Experiments, Harbour Collective seeks proposals from media artists working in digital art, moving image or audio forms to experiment with the notion of remirroring in form or content, or both. Experimentations can take any form, including technical experiments or experimentations with storytelling approaches.
The experiment results can be works in progress or completed works, depending on the scope and plan envisaged by the artists. Upon completion of the experimentation process, the experimentations will be featured on the Harbour website, with an artist talk.
- There will be three artists selected to participate
- Each project will be granted $700 to support experimentation and production expenses, $150 in exhibition fees and $150 for speaker fees
- The Re/Mirror Experiments works / works-in-progress will be featured on the Harbour Collective website for a period of one month; the artist talks and project documentation will remain on the website public archives beyond the exhibition period
- Deadline: Wed Jan 20, 2021 at 11:59 PM (Central)
- Results: by Wed Feb 8, 2021
- Experimentation/Production period: Feb 15 to Apr 15, 2021
- Exhibition period: May 15 to Aug 15, 2021 (each project with a one-month slot, TBC)
- The proposed project should allow the artist to innovate in their practice
- The artist must be Canadian or a permanent resident of Canada
- Harbour Collective encourages submissions from applicants at all stages in their careers
- Harbour Collective encourages submissions from Indigenous, Black and other racialized artists
Send your proposal via by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Re/Mirror Submission” by Wed Jan 20, 2021 at 11:59 PM (Central)
Your proposal must include:
- A short letter of motivation (1 page max)
- A Detailed artistic and technological description of the project (2 pages max);
- Artist CV (3 pages max)
- Artist bio (150 words max);
- Relevant visual or audio support material, with a list of contents (links embedded within a Word or PDF document preferred)
- E-mailed materials should be no bigger than 5 MB in total